We are partners with Smart Patients, a grass-roots online community where patients and their families learn from each other. Here you can get information and support from patients who have experiences to share with you. Smart Patients also has an extensive online glossary of terms listed from A to Z.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke offers a vast amount of information on brain and nervous system disorders listed from A to Z, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, migraine, traumatic brain injury, epilepsy, cerebral hypoxia, and inflammatory myopathies. Definitions, treatments, prognosis, research, and additional links for each disorder are provided.
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- American ME and CFS Society (AMMES) primarily serves the needs of the ME/CFS community through resources and support while building capacities for understanding through education. The AMMES website features an online Physician and Clinic Database for finding an ME/CFS specialist, an online treatment database with information on hundreds of medications currently being used, an online research library with thousands of abstracts, a financial crisis fund, and an online classified ads service called AMMES Connect. The AMMES newsletter disseminates the latest ME/CFS research findings, news, blog posts, patient advocacy information, and policy initiatives.
- Solve ME/CFS Initiative (SMCI), formerly the CFIDS association of America, this organization offers a panoply of resources as well as specific research programs intended for patients, researchers, and healthcare providers. Their website also features a free monthly webinar series that is open to the public.
- Open Medicine Foundation is an international organization that supports collaboration with patients, clinicians, and researchers. They fund medical research on ME/CFS while supporting targeted initiatives, healthcare education about chronic disease, translational research, and clinical medicine.
- ME Association (UK) provides support for patients and works to increase the biomedical knowledge and funding of ME. They publish an extensive clinical and research guide written by ME Association medical adviser, Dr Charles Shepherd, and consultant neurologist, Dr Abhijit Chaudhuri, from the Essex Centre for Neurosciences.
- Dysautonomia International is a non-profit that seeks to improve the lives of individuals living with autonomic nervous system disorders through research, physician education, public awareness and patient empowerment programs. POTS is one of the symptoms of dysautonomia and it is common in patients with ME/CFS (see graphic below).
Quantitative EEG Resources for Researchers and Clinicians
- Dr. Robert Thatcher, Applied Neuroscience, Inc. provides free webinars pertaining to the application of qEEG and ground-breaking 3-dimensional electrical neuroimaging (swLORETA) methods to study brain disorders.
- Exact Low Resolution Electromagnetic Tomography (eLORETA) Key-Institute for Brain-Mind Research, provides links to freely downloadable LORETA software and scientific papers on the latest advancements in both standardized and exact LORETA 3-dimensional EEG source imaging inverse methods (Pascual-Marqui et al., 1994, 2002, 2011, 2014).